On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:36:23 PM UTC-4 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:

>> ... Of course, I haven't been able to get the extension to open the
> server on its own yet, so maybe that's the reason.

I finally got the extension to launch the *leobridgeserver* on its own.  I
wrote a batch file that sets the PYTHONPATH *and* starts the server:

@echo off
set PYTHONPATH=c:\tom\git\leo-editor
py "C:\Tom\git\leo-editor\leobridgeserver.py"

Note that I arbitrarily have copied  the server into the leo-editor tree,
for no very good reason except that it should end up there at some point.
This confirms my suspicion that command line arguments are being passed in
some way that does not work with a batch file.

One thing I now notice - I can't find a way to bring up the leointeg
settings once it succeeds in running.  So I can't change the server start
options.  I think the options need to be easy to find even after the
extension is working.