Leo's nodes are basically text-only nodes.  The text is available from the
node's body, typically p.b, or the headline, p.h.  I wonder if there could
be another part of a node, a drawing canvas.  Perhaps p.cnvs?  If we could
figure out how to converse with the canvas of a node, then we could
visualize anything we like.

Alternatively, perhaps there could be a new node type, one that has only a
canvas, with no text body - that would be more like the Jupyter approach.

Having a canvas as a built-in part of a node could fill a conspicuous lack,
the inability to display graphical information.  There are workarounds.
The @pyplot node type is one, and writing graphics as SVG to a node and
showing that node with VR3 is another.  Writing RsT or Markdown referencing
an image to a node and displaying it in VR3 is a third. This gives you
mixed text and graphics.  But these methods are all limited and clumsy.

A graphics node should include the ability to have links that point back
into Leo outlines, or at least its own outline.  This capability would make
Leo stand out in comparison to say Jupyter, which otherwise has so many
good features.