Attached: two-column OmniOutliner Pro OPML file.

Chris

On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 5:06:53 PM UTC+2 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:

> Here is Dave (Winer)'s spec <http://opml.org/spec2.opml>.  I would think
> that there would be an XML schema (or maybe a DTD would be able to the the
> joib) somewhere that could be used for validating an OPML file, but I
> didn't find one in a very hasty search.
>
> Since OPML only includes what Leo calls headline text, I'm wondering if
> there would ever be any use for text in (Leo) node bodies.  An OPML outline
> node can contain other information besides the headline text, so maybe
> that's why the plugin may deal with Leo's user attributes - the info has to
> go somewhere.
>
> Is it the case, @chr, that you want to round-trip OPML files with other
> applications with full fidelity (except maybe data about an editor's
> state)?  Or do you only need to include a subset of information?
>

> On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 10:13:37 AM UTC-4 chr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I found only one public one at http://validator.opml.org/ (website and
>> validator by Dave Winer, the original OPML guy, still at the wheel), but it
>> doesn't seem to work so well.
>> I submitted an issue at
>> https://github.com/scripting/opml.org/issues/6#issue-1357384900
>>

>> On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 6:18:50 PM UTC+2 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Shouldn't be hard to adjust the output format, I would think (not
>>> knowing anything about the actual plugin).  Do you know of an OPML
>>> validator so potential fixes could be tested?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/f82f415f-8e60-4fbf-ba5f-9d203cf11628n%40googlegroups.com.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<opml version="2.0">
  <head><!-- <editor>
      <sidebar width="203"/>
      <column name="text" width="242"/>
      <column name="Col2-Bodypane" width="150"/>
    </editor> -->
    <title>Document (1)</title>
    <expansionState>0,3,4,7,8,9,12,13,14</expansionState>
    <vertScrollState></vertScrollState>
    <windowTop>0</windowTop>
    <windowLeft>0</windowLeft>
    <windowRight>682</windowRight>
    <windowBottom>684</windowBottom>
  </head>
    <outline text="headline 1" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 1">
      <outline text="headline 1.1" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 1.1"/>
      <outline text="headline 1.2" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 1.2"/>
    </outline>
    <outline text="headline 2" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 2">
      <outline text="headline 2.1" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 2.1">
        <outline text="headline 2.1.1" Col2-Bodypane="Body text 2.1.1"/>
      </outline>
      <outline text="headline 2.2" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
    </outline>
    <outline text="headline 3" Col2-Bodypane="etc.">
      <outline text="headline 3.1" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
      <outline text="headline 3.2" Col2-Bodypane="etc.">
        <outline text="headline 3.2.1" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
        <outline text="headline 3.2.2" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
        <outline text="headline 3.2.3" Col2-Bodypane="etc.">
          <outline text="headline 3.2.3.1" Col2-Bodypane="etc.">
            <outline text="headline  3.2.3.1.1" Col2-Bodypane="etc.">
              <outline text="headline 3.2.3.1.1.1" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
            </outline>
          </outline>
        </outline>
      </outline>
      <outline text="headline 3.4" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
    </outline>
    <outline text="headline 4" Col2-Bodypane="etc."/>
</opml>