On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 2:57:25 PM UTC-6 Félix wrote:

I also struggled a bit to write a concise and short explanation of what Leo
is/does in the text introductions I wrote for LeoInteg and LeoJS...

the way I resume Leo as briefly as I can at the top of the readme for those
projects is :

*Literate Programming with Directed Acyclic Graphs (dag)Break your code
down into sections structured as an outline, to derive or parse back your
filesLeo is a fundamentally different way of using and organizing data,
programs and scripts.*

... and in the 'welcome screen' of LeoInteg I wrote:

*Use Leo, the Literate Editor with Outlines, to program with directed
acyclic graphs, along with section-references, @others, and clones.*

Thanks, Félix, for these descriptions. I don't usually refer to literate
programming (LP) when talking about Leo because some people have had
negative opinions about LP. Perhaps those opinions have changed.

Yes, there was lots to admire about LP ca. 1985. But imo Leo redefines LP:

- First, I dislike the narrative model of documentation. Imo, documentation
is a reference, not a novel.
- Second, outline nodes provide space for as many comments, literate or
not, as anyone could want.
- Third, outline structure plus clones is better than any index.

Also, Leo isn't an acronym, although sometimes I say it means Leonine
editor with outlines :-)

Otoh, your description is accurate and concise. You may have a better sense
of whether LP has become a bad word :-)