On Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 8:59:01 PM UTC-4 gates...@gmail.com wrote:

Not what you’re really looking for, but Leo already supports @svg nodes.
 Of course, those are just the image in a node, viewable in VR — no text
around them in the same node, to my knowledge.

Right, and VR3 has even more capability for mixing images with text.  You
have to be willing to view the material as ReST, MD, etc, or export the
rendered view to a browser.  I'm thinking of basic documentation.  Right
now, I'm writing some documentation or a Leo app I've written. I would like
to embed images, especially screen shots, in a way that doesn't require a
reader to do anything special.  Just read from one node to the next.

I’ve done kinda-sorta similar things with one of my personal use ‘leo
apps’.  In that use case, I had a new pane that was effectively a
rendered-to-html view of a running markdown document that would be appended
to as various actions happened — including embedding images.  It included a
button to swap out the webview widget for a textedit widget that contained
the markdown source.  So kind of like a livecoding-styled viewrendered
panel.  It was overkill but it had data that needed to live ‘outside’ the
outline it was in.

I know what you mean.  The Freewin plugin does something very similar.  It
can switch between a live TextEdit view of a node and a rendered ReST
view.  Each Freewin window is node-locked, which yours probably was not.

Anyway, there are many approaches to this.  It would be interesting to see,
but I’m not sure it’s really something that core Leo needs to support.  A
plug-in would be pretty neat though.

I'd be willing - I think - to go with a plugin, but either way there are
things to work out.