On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 5:04 PM Thomas Passin <tbp100...@gmail.com> wrote:

It would be very useful if an image could be embedded into a Leo body.
> Probably no one would want to do this in a program or script, but for
> documentation it could be very helpful.

> In theory it should be possible to put an image into a Leo node.  Qt has a
> way to do it, and I have written a little test Qt program that can put one
> into a QTextBrowser or a QTextEdit widget at the cursor location.
>
> The way Qt does it is to insert a special Unicode character:

I played around with this a year (or 5?) ago. I kinda worked, but I seem to
remember there were problems. Probably something to do with reloading the
images when reloading Leo or re-visiting nodes.  Naively I would think
those problems could be solved just by searching for the special character.
I have no idea why I gave up.

In short, I think this would be a great addition to Leo. Let's give it a go.