I create a custom menu for Leo that is located just before the *Help* menu.
It's been so useful that I want to encourage others to create their own.
You create one in *myLeoSettings.leo* if you want the menu to be available
to all outlines, otherwise create in the outline's @settings tree if you
only want the custom menu to apply to that one outline.  You can have both
local and global menus at the same time.

I've attached a screen shot of my custom *Local* menu.  All of its items
run scripts that I wrote, but you could just as easily bind them to
standard Leo commands.  I chose the menu items with these points in mind:

1. I use the command a lot and want it to be handy to use;
2. I don't use it often but I don't want to forget it either;
3. The display name is easier to understand than the command's real name.
4.  If I ran the command from the minibuffer, I would have to try to
remember its name with the help of tab completion, and I'd rather not
bother with that each time I want to use it. The menu item is easier.
5. I'm temporarily using this command a lot;  later I may remove the item.

Of course, if you have too many items in one of these menus, it will start
getting too long to use conveniently. so there has to be a judgement call
here.

In the attached image, the last item, *Open Local New User's Guide*, helps
me to check the work I've been doing on a guide for new Leo users.  When
that project is done, I'll remove the item.

I won't go into how to set up these custom menus in this post, but ask if
you need some help to get started.  There's some information in one or
another of the Leo docs (I forget which), and LeoSettings.leo sets up all
Leo's standard menus and that can give you an idea of how to proceed.

Using a custom menu is one way to adjust Leo to suit your way of working.
Give it a try!