If you want to work on a single node in a second view, the Freewin plugin
will do that.  You can open a Freewin window on any node, and each FW
window will remain locked to its node, so you can arrange several of them
along with the main Leo window.  The Freewin window contains a text editor
- not a full-fledged Leo body editor but still useful - and changes in the
FW window get incorporated in the parent's body, and also changes in the
parent get reflected in the FW window.

In this way, you can navigate in the tree as usual, while being able to
keep looking at and editing any particular nodes you are interested in.

Otherwise, I mark nodes of interest and jump between them using these Leo
commands and shortcut keys:

goto-next-marked = F4
mark = F9  # This is a toggle command
unmark-all = F10

I don't like *add-editor* because I always lose track of what node an added
editor is looking at - it will change as you navigate the tree if it is
focused at the time.  I always end up typing into the wrong node.  FW
avoids that problem.