On Sunday, December 10, 2023 at 7:23:53 AM UTC-6 Edward K. Ream wrote:

> Don't even think about programming without git.

Here are some "looking over my shoulder" tips related to workflow:

*Leo's git-related commands and scripts*

I frequently use Leo's *git-diff* (*gd*) and *git-diff-pr* commands. These
commands show the diffs as a Leo outline. They are *usually* better than
corresponding git commands.

LeoPyRef.leo contains two notable Leonine scripts relating to git diff:

script: diff-branches/revs (all files)

script: diff-branches/revs (one file)

Please take a look. The latter script came in handy in the recent emergency
concerning leoAtFile.py!

*git console scripts*

I control git from the console. To save typing, I have defined several
git-related shortcuts as scripts:

ga: git add

gb: git branch

gc: git commit

gco: git checkout

gd: git diff

gm: git merge

gmd: git merge devel

gs: git status

These scripts all take arguments. For example, `ga .`

These scripts save a lot of typing!

*Summary*

Investing in git is part of the art of programming.

As I write this, I see that my recent posts apply to learning any new
programming language.