I don't know for sure about the Mac (why it would be different, I mean),
but you want to install "pyqt6", not "qt".  You should also install
"PyQt6-WebEngine", for the ViewRendered3 plugin to work completely.  I
don't know if that has finally gotten into the requirements list or not.

On Windows and Linux, installing Leo also installs pyqt6 (or pyqt5, which
will also work; correspondingly you also should install PyQtWebEngine).  I
don't know if it needs to be compiled  during installation on a Mac or not,
but the compilation might not have worked for some reason.