Hello Thomas,

tbp1...@gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 14. Mai 2024 um 16:03:20 UTC+2:

I wonder whether you VE activation somehow got lost during this process.  I
noticed this:

~$ which leo
/home/user/.local/bin/leo

This says that typing "leo" uses that script, which is not one in the VE.
Try this, and let us know what happens -

    First, activate your VE environment.  Then issue

    python3 -m leo.core.runLeo --version

You should get something like this:

Leo 6.7.9-devel, ekr-3892-vr-pane branch, build 8ede3fc77e
2024-05-14 05:12:23 -0500
Python 3.11.6
linux

Thanks a lot for your feedback ! - This is what the command returns in the
first place:

user@debian-leo-study-vm:~$ cd PyVE/GitHub/Leo/
user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$
user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$ source bin/activate
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$ python3 -m
leo.core.runLeo --version
/home/user/PyVE/GitHub/Leo/bin/python3: Error while finding module
specification for 'leo.core.runLeo' (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
'leo')
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$

Only if I move a directory 'down' the command works:

(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo$ cd leo-editor/
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo/leo-editor$
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo/leo-editor$ python3 -m
leo.core.runLeo --version
Leo 6.7.9-devel, devel branch, build fb85027eac
2024-05-13 16:10:23 -0500
Python 3.11.2
linux
(Leo) user@debian-leo-study-vm:~/PyVE/GitHub/Leo/leo-editor$

I guess some more ' reading' on my side is needed ...

With kind regards,

Viktor