On Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 9:49:43 AM UTC-5 Thomas wrote:

I'm very enthusiastic about this work.  It will eventually be a real boon
to users and developers, I'm sure.

Glad you like the concept.

I hope that existing GUI plugins that use the nested-splitter/free-layout
will be able to continue working without needing to be reworked

When True, the *g.allow_nested_splitter* switch enables both plugins to
work as before. As noted in the PR, this switch might be true "forever".
Otoh, my hope is that eventually nobody will notice (or care) if the two
plugins go away. We shall see.