El Lunes, 4 de Julio de 2005 19:43, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

> I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here, and Manuel, I do
> appreciate all your good work and efforts to make things more fluid, but
> after trying to edit the new cross-lfs book several times and *still*
> getting lost and turned around and frustrated, I'd really like to see
> something different done.

All that Xinclude stuff in the installation sections is an experiment, like
the profile stuff in the multi-arch branch. Profiling was removed from
cross-lfs due that it is a mess when more than 3-4 profiles are involved.

Now look like the Xinclude experiment has failed also, at least when we try to
Xinclude all possible text/command blocks. But also due that the current
xpointers are based on the node absolute position, not on the actual content
of the block that should be xincluded.

Then, I will go to revert many of the Xinclude tags and try to use another
xpointer approach (maybe based on IDs or other attribute) for the remaininig
ones.

And remember, if something don't work like was expected, it must be changed or
removed, no matter how many time someone was invert doing it ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia