Matthew Burgess wrote:

LFS-6.2:

Sounds good.

LFS-7.0:

So we've got 3 major new features we'd like to cram into LFS :) I do think they each deserve a little attention and consideration, though I don't think we should try to put them into trunk all at once (not that I really believe you'd do that.) Anyway, here's what I suggest:

Choose one new idea/concept (probably the least radical change, which would in turn, afaict, be gcc4) and stick that into trunk after 6.2 is released. Get trunk running smoothly and plan for a LFS 7.0 release. At the same time, get the other conceptual branches, cross-lfs, i18n (and, possibly multi-arch) up-to-speed with trunk, in other words, using the same core build method and packages that trunk is using.

I think if we planned things this way it would be much easier to incorporate each of the new concepts without taking in too much all at once. Also, it should help make it more apparent which of the other concepts LFS should tackle.

What do you think?

--
JH