Gerard Beekmans wrote:
mainstream book? In other words, will every LFS'er be building according to the cross-lfs (toolchain) methodology even if they don't require it?

My prediction is that "everybody" using i?86 in the near future will
be wanting x86_64 or emt64 (right name?) as all new chips from the
suppliers have this. Who wants to run the old car on four cylinders
if they install a new V6 in it? The flocks will be asking for help...
:-)

(Ok, my predictions may be worthless. But hey, I didn't say that
640 KB should be enough for everybody, or that the internet would
not come to play any significant role...)

J.O.