Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I'm just about finished building the GCC4 branch of LFS which is
> (I believe) trunk using GCC-4.0.1. Everyone is by now aware that
> there will be difficulties with some BLFS packages using GCC-4.x.
>
> I am going to begin building BLFS packages using GCC-4.0.1 and I'm
> looking for ideas on how to go about making whatever changes might
> be necessary to the package instructions available to the community.

Can you stomach case statements within the build cmds? ie:

case "$GCC_VER" in
4.*)
  patch -Np1 -i /gcc4.patch
  ;;
esac

./configure --prefix=/usr
make
blah

BLFS is certainly more "scripty" than LFS so it may well be within scope.
It also makes it clear what the reality is. Of course you'd need to ensure
GCC_VER is set. Works for me.

Regards
Greg
--