Greg Schafer wrote:

In a nutshell, if you build x86 GCC4 with `make bootstrap' you end up with a
compiler that was itself compiled with `-O2 -g -fomit-frame-pointer'. If you
build x86 GCC4 with plain old `make' you end up with a compiler that was
itself compiled with `-O2 -g'. Notice the lack of `-fomit-frame-pointer'.

Yep, I remember reading your posts to [EMAIL PROTECTED] about that. Looks like the `sed' is the way to go here. I certainly don't want to compile gcc 9 times - it takes long enough as it is.

I assume they've fixed all the problems with -fomit-frame-pointer? Or have I got it wrong, and the compiler was never broken in that regard - was it perhaps packages that were already broken but that having -fomit-frame-pointer in one's CFLAGS made the breakage more noticeable?

Cheers,

Matt.