Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Archaic wrote:
>
>> That just seems silly. Warn was much nicer and still allowed things to
>> proceed.
>

> Can we not still warn, but just leave the exit status as '0'.  The spec
> (from the quote given) doesn't appear to forbid output, it just mandates
> what the exit status should be.

I believe you are correct, but I'd have to direct this back to Nathan.
If you want to add it for yourself, it's real easy three lines in killproc:
        if [ -z "${pidfile}" ]; then
                pidofproc -s "${1}"
        else
                pidofproc -s -p "${pidfile}" "${1}"
        fi

+if [ -n "${pidlist}" ]; then
        for pid in ${pidlist}

        evaluate_retval # This is "Probably" not LSB compliant, but required
to be compatible with older bootscripts
+
+else
+       print_status warning not_running
+       echo_warning
+fi
 }