Jeremy Huntwork([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 11:30:40PM -0400:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> >
> >I strongly urge the criterion number one to read:
> >
> >1) If a device needs packages outside those installed by LFS or BLFS
> >then don't include a rule for it.
> >
> >BLFS assumes the user has a base LFS system.  Don't make a lot of work
> >for us for some exotic minimalism principle.
>
> Again, I think I'd have to agree with this sentiment. BLFS and LFS have
> always been treated as separate entities, which of course they are.
> However they are inter-dependant. It's easy to see that BLFS needs LFS
> (it wouldn't exist without it) but LFS does need BLFS, too. Without BLFS
> there wouldn't be much point behind LFS besides the intellectual stimulus.
>
> The two projects should try to work a little closer together than they
> have in the past, IMO, and intertwine themselves a little more fluidly -
> they have after all the same general goal: to provide a user the ability
> to customize their Linux system entirely to taste, learning along the way.
>
> So, I don't think it's wise to be too dogmatic in situations like this.
> Keep the end product in mind and provide a working framework that allows
> for easy (and correct!) customization.

I have to agree with Bruce and Jeremy.

I always was under the impression,that there is some kind of interaction
between LFS/BLFS.

Watching the strong reaction from the BLFS team as a whole (and users too),i
suppose you 'll
gain nothing but hassle,definitely not a sensible aproach.

Please for the benefit of all of us,try a little bit more to cooperate
between,both of the teams.

I mean,i was kind of surprised that the BLFS leader (exept i missed
something),he didn't was informed
at all for such a critical change,that will affect immediately uncountable
instructions.

If i was a blfs editor,phrases like the following,they would made me feel really
(gently speaking) bad.
sound/audio devices - need non-LFS software to use it
printing devices - need non-LFS software to use it
usb - need non-LFS software to use it
video - need non-LFS software to use it
network devices - Default assumption is that is needs non-LFS software