Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

M.Canales.es wrote:

El Domingo, 2 de Octubre de 2005 17:35, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

Wow, you've really taken my idea and run with it. ;) It looks nice, just where I would have (probably) gone myself. I'll have to get some time to
sit down and really look it over.

Thanks, and very happy to read to you :-)

The problem at this moment is that I can't figure yet how to manage the chroot phase.

This should be very easy, especially considering you've already accomplished a similar feat when su-ing as 'lfs'. All you would need to do is make sure that the proper kernfs and dev structure is in place in chroot and then for each target run "chroot $(DIR) $(ENV) bash -c 'command1 && command2'" where $(DIR) is your mount point, ie, /mnt/lfs and $(ENV) is the specific environment variables you want to include.

Due that this is a linear build where each step depend on the proper execution of the previous one, I can't think in this momment on any cadidate target for .PHONY.

You have a point there. Guess I was thinking of items like 'all chapter4 chapter5 chapter6 clean-all clean' etc. Targets that you want to *always* run. The others that you 'touch $@' on are 'real' targets.

The rebuild from/up-to one child target can be achieved also removing the relevant $JHSLFSDIR/???-* files and touching the remaining ones.

Good to know.

--
JH

I do have a script for automated builds that can work for just about any
self build linux's. I have addressed and I believe solved the above
points. If you are interested I can mail them to you for perusal. It is
however slanted toward rpm package management but you should get some ideas.

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.