Jim Gifford wrote:
Matthew Burgess wrote:
2) Bring udev in line with upstream recommended practices, including dropping the hotplug package. I'll be creating a branch for this in due course, though I think proper handling of the input subsystem is still dependent on linux-2.6.15.

I'm getting this in cross-lfs as soon as it gets out. I got a package from Kay Sievers, just awaiting official 2.6.15 release.

I'm the process of re-reading this thread, something isn't setting right with me on this.

I found that to get udev to handle coldplugging events properly I had to start
udevd with the --daemon switch. The relevant bit of the bootscript looks like
this

                # Assign udevsend to get hotplug events. udevsend can manage
the whole
                # hotplug handling by taking over the kernel spawned event
process
                echo "/dev/null" > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

                # Populate /dev with all the devices that are already available,
                # and save it's status so we can report failures.
                udevstart || failed=1
                udevd --daemon

Andy