On 11/27/05, Tushar Teredesai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are multiple advantages that this offers compared to the current
> way of installing directly into the final destination:

Just thought of another advantage of the fake root method. If the
package installation fails for some reason, we don't have an half
installed package in the final destination. For example, when the user
is building gcc in BLFS and he runs into a problem during make
install. In that case he will have an half installed gcc on his final
system. If he had installed it to a fake root, he can investigate the
cause, fix it, remove the fake root and run the installation again.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]