Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

Dan, Chris:

I see you guys have done a lot of work over the past week. Thank you very much for that. I'm having a little trouble sorting through the hundreds of emails in my Inbox today and pinpointing exactly what changes are ready to go into the alpha branch.

Would you guys mind giving me a little summary of the progress of the last week? Also, Chris, I believe you have a patch for the book, right? Which is the current one?

Thanks,

JH

This is the current patch - http://bugs.linuxfromscratch.org/attachment.cgi?id=142 - which updates the list of dependencies for each package. I'm also working on (as mentioned in my last comment in that bug) trying to figure out how to show the dependency information in a new page in the LFS book. I'm currently also starting to do some more work on this again, and find if there are more dependencies that I missed. I'm thinking of having more detailed information about the package dependencies - what is required, and what is optional.