On Jan 5, 2006, at 8:54 PM, Jim Gifford wrote:

Anyone who has been following the kernel and hotplug development lists know that hotplug is depreciated. Even on the lfs-dev, numerous times it has been mentioned about removing hotplug. So it's nothing new, I just have a working solution for those who are living on the bleeding edge, which is what this post was intended for. The current setup will work and I have never said it wouldn't work.

Maybe I should not post these types of advances anymore, it just seems to get everyone in an uproar over nothing.

As far as I see it, Jim posted information about his experience and welcomed comments. He didn't say if you don't do this you will die. The fact that he did say it works for SPARC so it should work for everyone else is irrelevant! He's a die hard SPARC user, you know that!

Sincerely,

William