I was reading one of the mailings about stable and unstable versions...

You know, in almost five years of doing this LFS stuff, I have never
once actually NEEDED a later version of an LFS package.  OK, when it
arrived, the improvements were sometimes good, but I was never
actually waiting for it.  Sometimes the clever guys have TOLD me I
needed to wait for a later version, but that's just an act of faith.

I'm beginning to think that really really really good packages shouldn't
have updates unless the things they interface with change.

R.

LFS 2.4.4 published January 23rd, 2001