Hello,

Currently in chapter 6 coreutils we have instructions to append a dummy
user to the /etc/{group,passwd} files so that we can run its test suite
properly. The test suite for bash also calls for an unprivileged user.
See: http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/1877

Does anyone see a problem with adding that dummy user/group to the
original /etc/{passwd,group} files, perhaps with a note explaining its
purpose? At the end of chapter 6 we would remove the user and group.

I'd like to get opinions before I work on the above ticket.

--
JH