On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 05:42:29PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Personally, I think adding/deleting the temp users should be
> encapsulated in the specific pages that need them.  That was someone
> wants to update or evaluate a specific package on a working systems,
> they have all the instructions in one place.
>
> After all a cat and a sed to add and delete the users should not be that
> big a deal.

Yes, I thought someone might say as much. And I can see your point.
Still, the cat and sed - in fact the entire addition of another user -
seems unnecessary. After re-reading the thread Manuel linked to where
Robert suggests using the now-present nobody user, I think that's the
way to go.

And the addition of 'su' to /tools/bin in chapter 5 (as was suggested in
ticket #1877) is unnecessary now because coreutils is installed before
bash in chapter 6.

What I think I'm going to do - unless someone has on objection - is add
the commands 'su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "..."' to both bash and
coreutils in chapter 6.

Will just do a quick test run here first before I commit.

--
JH