Dan Nicholson escribió:
> On 2/3/07, TheOldFellow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What I need is something it can't handle, like Udev for several months a
>> year ago, or a new booting scheme...
>
> This is actually something I want to bring up. Our booting is dog
> slow. Maybe it's time to look into making improvements. We could
> replace init with init-ng or upstart. Or, we could just work to
> parallelize the bootscripts like is done on RedHat and SuSE. I think
> this has been brought up before.
>
> --
> Dan

For desktop systems it doesn't matter how long it takes to boot, what
matters is how long it takes to load a getty or a dm ;).

In my current system, an Pentium III @ 450MHz, the runlevel takes 8
secs to be up, but gettys are available at 4 secs, or less, i'm not sure...

My system is somewhat deviated, so a normal LFS may take a bit more,
but the gettys/dm will be up as soon as possible, that's the beauty
of initng, it does it without any effort :).

--
Ismael Luceno
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

InitNG maintainer and project lead - http://www.initng.org

Registered Linux User #439653      - http://counter.li.org
LFS User #17162                    - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
SourceMage GNU/Linux User          - http://www.sourcemage.org

IRC: ismaell @ irc.freenode.net #initng #uruguay #cross-lfs
Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog: http://ismaell.wordpress.com

GPG Key ID: EC8E5C9A
GPG Key Fingerprint: 1356 7578 232E CCA6 D16D 46A8 FE6C 58D3 EC8E 5C9A