On 15 Aug 2007 Wed 11:25 am, Alan Lord wrote:

> Disclaimer: Please take my comments as those of a lurker - rather than
> anyone with any actual authority on this subject.

I will also take the above disclaimer and apply it to myself

> Jeremy - that sounds like a cracking idea but I strongly believe that it
> should go much further than the LiveCD...

Strongly agree

> I have been "doing" LFS for many years (LFS ID#216) but in the recent
> past now use Ubuntu for daily use. The reason why I don't do {L,B}FS
> much now? Because it is such a PITA to keep up-to-date. [Me dons an
> asbestos suit].

Me too although not as long as Alan :).

The old timers of you may recall that I did do such a complete package
management and build system for B/LFS using the RPM package management
system. I recall that I did post my scripts and package configuration files
for all to use. I too had to (sorrowfully) move to kubuntu as I didn't have
the time to single handedly follow LFS, incorporate the package management
and keep my system up to date.

Perhaps my system could be of use?

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25
for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this
message or its header, you agree to these terms.
NOT : Bu mesaj ve ekleri mesajda gönderildigi belirtilen kisi ya da kisilere
özel olup gizli bilgiler içeriyor olabilir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz lütfen
mesaji herhangi bir sekilde kullanmayiniz ve mesaji gönderen kisiyi
bilgilendirerek ekleri ile birlikte derhal imha ediniz. Mesaj göndericiye ait
olup, Erkunt Tarim Makinalari Sanayii A.S.'nin herhangi bir sorumlulugu
bulunmamaktadir.Mesajin size gönderilmesinden, bilgilerin dogrulugundan,
bilgisayar sistemine verebilecegi zararlardan ve burada sayilanlar ve
sayilmayanlar da dahil dogabilecek tüm zararlardan Erkunt Tarim Makinalari
Sanayii. A.S sorumlu tutulamaz.
QS Disclaimer Demo. Copyright (C) Pa-software.
Visit www.pa-software.com for more information.