Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 08/15/07 08:24 CST:

> 1) add DESTDIR support to every package, instead of requiring each
> packager to reinvent the same wheel; this also means the
> "install-nokeys" target on the openssh page

Good point. Though I don't see it as being something that LFS
needs to do. We as Editors are deeming our build method as safe.
Why would we want to create extra work for what we already know?
(redundant question, as you semi-answered it by saying that it
makes the instructions PM-aware)

> 2) verify that each package builds the same binaries (in the ICA-like
> sense) when built as root vs non-root.

I do not see value in this at all. In LFS we are chrooted, so root
is a given. In BLFS, one should never build as root as a matter of
general principle. The same as one should never open a shell (or
run a GUI) as root.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
08:27:00 up 13 days, 8:18, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.07