On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:56:45PM +0100, Alan Lord wrote:
> Perhaps therefore, making the LFS PM friendly and then having a separate
> project which would develop and provide on-going maintenance tools would
> be a way to look at this... It too would also be a "learning" tool
> demonstrating [perhaps] such things scripting or system admin skills
> that would enable the whole LFS project to grow.

This is some of what I had in mind when mentioning the other
possibiliies that such a development model on the LiveCD could effect. I
wanted to wait and see if someone else would see it too. The LiveCD
could be at the core of the development, with official build recipes,
but if we play this right, a new sort of project as you suggest could be
born out of the LiveCD, one that incorporates the best of LFS and BLFS.

--
JH