On 3/4/08, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  This has been fixed upstream to use a better search for the bash
>  interpreter that won't use the BASH variable, which is set by the
>  shell. I don't recall when this went in, but the sed might not be
>  needed anymore with glibc-2.7.

That's sounds to me like what has happened.  The ldd produced by the
build process in my tests pointed to bash specifically and not sh.
Which I also noted was the same as the toolchain's ldd.

If what you say is true (and I imagine you are) then chapter 5 is
fine.  The sed in chapter 6 is harmless, but no longer needed.