Dennis Clarke wrote:
> you know .. I really like the atmosphere in the LFS project.
> Such a nice bunch of people.

Oh, we've had our moments. You don't even have to go very far back in
the archives to read some. :(

But I think, on the whole, we all prefer a nicer, friendlier atmosphere,
and we do try to keep it there.

> I'll be getting to it shortly .. like this week or so. Real Soon Now (tm)
>
> Looks like I'm still kinda partial to GRUB2 if you see value in that.

I think that the prevailing attitude here is rather anti GRUB2. Mostly
because development on it seems to focus on items perceived as useless
and bloat for a boot loader.

That being said, it does have the advantage of being a boot loader that
could boot all 3 archs, x86, x86_64 and PowerPC. What I had in mind for
our boot loader section was to list a number of boot loaders (maybe for
now grub-legacy, lilo, grub2 & yaboot) and list the architectures which
could make use of them.

--
JH