> Do you want me to start on adding this to the book as Appendix D?

Can I see a finished renderring not quite part of SVN yet.

You mentioned you had to pre-process the scripts (ampersands,
greater-than symbols and the like). This'll of course need to be
automated as you also mentioned.

This would means we have two versions of each bootscript - the actual
script and a book formatted version thereof.

To help with the automation it may become necessary to make this process
part of a Makefile target which processes the bootscript files and
outputs to a new file location. Perhaps the processed files should live
within the LFS BOOK repository (ie in the appendix directory).

I'm not sure if that's the best way to go but just an idea.

I'd like to see first what it'd look like as an end product. The actual
implementation of automating the process would be the next discussion.

Gerard