Em Monday 13 October 2008 14:52:53 Gilles Espinasse escreveu:
> Selon Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Randy McMurchy wrote:

> > > Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > >  > I say keep them in /etc.
I'm too.

> > > Do we flip a coin? :-)
:-)

> > > Actually, I lean towards /lib/udev and I believe DJ and Dan
> > > do as well. Does this sort of make it a non-unanimous decision
> > > to go with /lib/udev?
> >
> > I yield to the majority even though I still don't agree.  However, I
> > believe a paragraph describing the issue is in order.
> >
> >    -- Bruce
>
> udev maintainer claim
> "Most udev rules are not config files, not supposed to be edited, and
> therefore do not belong into /etc."
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-hotplug&m=121839763301840&w=2
>

> Gilles
Well, than it couldn't be editable by a config file, correct?. At least,
the "defaults" for the basic devices must to be resonable, and we all make
ours "udev-configs packages" to create a secure and organized /dev because
these defaults are somewhat insecure or/and ugly.

I always believe that /lib and /usr/lib are place to store modules, libraries,
binary data and support programs, not plain configurarion texts. Be it for
create defaults or not.

It's just my opinion.

--
Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr.