There may be good reason for this but after building LFS for the 3rd
time, I've come to realize there's no direct method of building BLFS
packages with the final LFS system. No method for downloading packages
exist if you're not building from a host with the tools already available.

I built the system using the LFS CD on a PC with a clean HDD and had no
method of acquiring wget, or any other package from BLFS, once I had
booted the system into LFS. I had to re-boot the LFS 6.3 Live CD to
acquire wget.

I think wget should be included as a part of LFS, if only as an option,
or warning, linking to it's BLFS chapter. It should be noted too that it
will need to be reinstalled once its optional dependencies become
available during the BLFS book.

We set up a working network but no method of utilizing it!

Rob