Hi,

Currently http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/development/
refreshes once a day.

Seeing it only takes about 1.5 to 2 minutes to generate those files,
there isn't any problem updating those files more frequently. Once an
hour seems reasonable.

On the other hand, it'd be a waste of resources to keep regenerating the
same book version over and over again when no changes have been made. I
considered making it a live update--as soon as something is committed to
SVN, update the downloadable files.

The downside of that one is if there's a flurry of activity, it could
end up regenerating the book several times in a row for no added benefit.

Perhaps a good compromise is to attempt an hourly regeneration of files
unless it detects no SVN changes have been made since the last time.

I'm going to look at the latter option (conditional regeneration) to see
how we might go about this.

Any comments are welcome.

Gerard