oops sorry, I'm very exhausted :D I didn't give you the proper line. This I
gave is, of course, necessary. The mistake is in:
find . -name \*.html -type f -exec cp -v \{} /usr/share/doc/mpfr-&mpfr-version;
\;</userinput></screen>

The problem is the \ before {} (\{}). Not bug but to learn it's not exact. The
line should be:
find . -name \*.html -type f -exec cp -v {} /usr/share/doc/mpfr-&mpfr-version;
\;</userinput></screen>

Regards,

--
       Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
       Vice-Président de l'association traduc.org