Andrew wrote:
> I think that's a difference of perspective. Automated building and a
> package manager are important if you think LFS is a distro, however,
> many of us think of LFS as an education tool that forces the user to
> think hard about system building

Not exactly. No package management means I need to wait a few
hours to see the result of every small change I make to my own
build.

No automation means I need to waste a day copying commands,
with a relatively high chance of hidden error for each small experiment.

I am not at all referring to package management as a means of
distribution.

--yaacov