Matthew Burgess <matt...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2011 12:16:22 -0500, DJ Lucas <d...@linuxfromscratch.org>
>wrote:
>
>> Alright, with last commit to lsb-bootscripts, I think we are ready to
>> go. Bruce, Matt, you guys get a chance to review the patch?
>
>Hi DJ, apologies for the delay, but I've now managed to review your
>patch.
>
>Firstly, thanks for taking the time to do this, it looks pretty good to
>me.
>
>Secondly, what follows are probably bike-shed topics, but I'll throw my
>2p in along with everyone elses anyway :) :
>
>make-aux-files.sh: Why renaming things to lsb-bootscripts?  If we're
>migrating (which I think we should), shouldn't we just move the lsb
>scripts out of contrib and then continue to refer to the package as
>the lfs-bootscripts?

No change, just file layout in SVN.

>chapter07/console.xml: 1) Where did the consolelog script/configuration
>go?

echo "kernel.printk=4" >> /etc/sysctl.conf

>chapter07/network.xml: I quite like Red Hat's layout, but probably just
>because
>I've become accustomed to it through my day job.  On that distro,
>network device
>config lives in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, and those files namely
>ifcfg-<ifname>
>and route-<ifname>.  I certainly don't see the need for subdirectories
>under
>whichever directory is chosen to house the network configuration files,
>but
>maybe I'm being blinkered by my only needing static wired interfaces to
>be
>configured.

Might have to configure multiple services on one interface, for instance ip and
ipx, or maybe one interface does not provide default gw, but a static route is
still needed for a dual homed machine.

>Why are network scripts put under /lib/network-services? Again,
>possibly blinkered
>by my exposure to Red Hat, but keeping the service scripts in the same
>directory as
>the interface config files makes sense to me.

Executables don't belong in /etc, this one was covered in Jeremy's thread.

--DJ