DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 09/11/2011 12:04 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> Overall, I think this is stupid.  These are library functions.  Why are
>> they in /etc instead of /lib.  DJ, I know you are just describing things.

> They are bash functions that are intended to make bash command
> completion easier. LFS is fine without.

The only bash scripts in /etc have to do with initializing bash at
login.  We are even moving the init-functions library for boot to
/lib/lsb.   Adding library scripts for a specific application is
different from historical Unix usage.

>> What functionality fails if these are missing?
> Bash tab completion for the gsettings and gdbus commands, and several
> grub-* commands. For instance, if I type 'grub-set-default <tab>', I
> get a listing of the available targets in my grub.cfg:

 > root@name64 [ /sources/bash-completion-1.3 ]# grub-set-default
 > Linux, with Linux 2.6.32.15

On my test machine, the tab completion does not work.  When I do a
<tab>, I get a list of files/directories in PWD.  But then I use
'set show-all-if-ambiguous On' in my inputrc.

I wonder what is supposed to ge going on.  Grepping for the functions in
the grub source doesn't return anything recognizable.

   -- Bruce