On 4/22/12 3:48 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> I think the sysroot method can be simplified if using the switch above:
> you do not even need the part:
>
> cp gcc/Makefile.in{,.orig}
> sed '/^CROSS_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR/s@= .*@= /tools/include@' \
>       gcc/Makefile.in.orig>   gcc/Makefile.in
> cp gcc/cppdefault.c{,.orig}
> sed '/#define STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR/s@"/usr/include"@0@g' \
>       gcc/cppdefault.c.orig>   gcc/cppdefault.c

> Suppressing that and adding the switch (to both gcc passes) to the
> sysroot method,
> I have been able to build and test that there is no differences in the
> resulting system
> with the SVN build (with switch).

Nice, it looks like you're right. This is in the gcc/configure script:

CROSS_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR='$(TARGET_SYSTEM_ROOT)$${sysroot_headers_suffix}$(NATIVE_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR)'

So CROSS_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR should get set correctly if we've already
specified NATIVE_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR, which is what gets set via your switch.

I'll just fix up the jh branch source and give another run and compare
results.

JH