On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 06:18:30PM -0700, Qrux wrote:

> > On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 04:37:24PM -0700, Qrux wrote:
> >>
> >> Console fonts (and asking people to build FB support in kernels) seem like
> >> a waste of effort when most people probably spend 99% of their time SSH'ed
> >> in to their LFS box or running X (both BLFS considerations).

[...]
> You also say I should have a FB kernel if I use X.
>
> So...1) How is X related to this discussion about LFS?

 said the man who first mentioned X.  You made out that framebuffers
in the kernel were a waste of time for people using ssh or xorg.  If
all you ever do is ssh to your LFS box, then yes, a framebuffer is
wasted.  I was pointing out that for xorg on most modern hardware a
framebuffer should be used.

 In the past, I've intended not to reply to anything you post -
the time I spend replying normally brings me no benefit, and my
replies to you apparently bring you no benefit either.  This time,
I intend to stick to that intention.