On 06/04/2012 02:38 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:

> While I am having other issues with perl ATM, maybe it would be better
> to use the new compiler to determine the library search path instead of
> the brute force method above (or the one in hints/linux.sh).
> hints/linux.sh temporarily redefines gcc to /usr/bin/gcc (if it exists)
> which is what is used to determine the library search path. "sed
> 's@\$gcc@gcc' -i hints/linux.sh" may be sufficient, not sure if $gcc is
> used elsewhere. While I'm working on my other issues, Gentoo u32 host
> and NPTL linking error (which may also be related), I'm going to undo
> this change locally and omit the gcc override and see if I get any
> further. On a side note, it may have been sufficient to make libswanted="m"
That worked for both the separate NPTL linking problems and the host
libs. Bruce, would it be possible for you to try with the original
instructions on your affected host and use this new perl-libc patch? I
didn't check if the sed would have been enough, just figured we'd
probably want to redefine it globally if used elsewhere anyway.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/perl-5.16.0-libc-2.patch

-- DJ Lucas