On 06/04/2012 03:33 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> chmod 0644 hints/linux.sh
> sed -i -e 's|/usr/bin/gcc|/tools/bin/gcc|' hints/linux.sh
>
> sh Configure -des -Dprefix=/tools
> make
> --------
>
> seems to work.  We still need a chmod instruction and the sed is
> slightly different.  We do lose the need to specify CLDFLAGS.
>
> It still searches for -lgdbm -ldb -lgdbm_compat, but the test compile
> doesn't fail.
Yes, that should work fine and is far better than extending the patch.
> Is this worth changing?

Absolutely, we don't want to mix incompatible target and host libs (my
build failure and reason for looking into this in the first place). Any
host that doesn't use NPTL, (separate NPTL if that is still possible),
or too old of NPTL/GLibC is broken.

-- DJ Lucas