(changing the subject)

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 06:32:14PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>    I see that Bryan has a 'fork' of standalone udev (I
> guess that just means his own branch), and at least one of his
> commits has gone into standalone.

 If anyone wants to play with standalone-udev, use ./autogen.sh and
then, if in chroot, use the instructions from LFS-7.1 (udev-181)
without the no longer recognised --with-systemdsystemunitdir=no  but
with an added --enable-manpages=no.

 That builds and passes its testsuite in 7.2 chroot - I haven't
attempted to use it, nor to see what might have moved, nor if there
are better ways of configuring.  The .pc file says it is udev 190.

 ./autogen.sh also suggests a typical configure command, but in
chroot blkid appears to be missing.  Not sure what is wrong there,
blkid.pc looks ok and the .so in /usr/lib points to the file in
/lib.  Whatever, passing BLKID_{CFLAGS,LIBS} as in 7.1 works

 The man pages now require xsltproc - if we move to this fork (and I
guess Bryan might have a comment on that :) then it should be an
easy enough matter to create the pages in a completed system and
install them from a diff.

ĸen