On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM,  <g....@free.fr> wrote:

>> After my build, I see using 'ps ax' a process doing
>> cat /dev/zero
>> and the other process should be '/bin/sh ./test_one' which is an
>> e2fsprogs test
>>
> the remaining process are
> 23812 pts/0    SN     0:00 /bin/sh ./test_one ../../tests/f_mmp
> 23813 pts/0    SN    52:27 ../debugfs/debugfs -w f_mmp.tmp
> 23814 pts/0    SN    13:49 cat /dev/zero

> So the issue is in tests/f_mmp.tmp

Yes, I found that also.  I think the file is tests/f_mmp/script
between lines 34 and 40.

> f_mmp.log is filled in a continuous loop until the disk is full.

I'm not sure about that, but the script definitely does not exit on
it's own.  I think it has something to do with the tty not available
when running from something like jhalfs.  When I tried 'make check'
directly from the command line, everything was OK.

Specifically the log from the command line run has

debugfs:  dump_inode <2> f_mmp.new

It looks like  f_mmp.new is never created and the script hangs waiting
for it if not run from the command line.

  -- Bruce