On 06/17/2018 02:22 PM, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
Bonjour Piere,

On 06/17/2018 02:58 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

Really looks like the infamous "include-fixed" problem. When some packages are installed on the system, GCC may decide their include files are "wrong", and
fix them. Of course the first time GCC is built in chapter 6, there are
(almost) no packages on the system, and nothing is fixed. The second time you build gcc (using the first one), it may happen that packages "to be fixed" (according to GCC) are now present, so that they are fixed... Whether this has some relationship with your problem, I am not sure. But it is at least one way
to explain a different behavior at the second GCC compilation.

We are on the same track!...

So if it is the case, the chpater-06, GGC.html need to be adjusted
at the "configure" level to add switch and configure entry to make
absolutly sure a gcc later on compilation will still give the exact same result...
No?'
IMHO, that won't be easy...

BTW, sorry for not updating GCC in BLFS. I have had no time to work on LFS lately, and now my LFS system lags behind recent (up to 2 month old) changes,
and I have to rebuild one...

No problem for that Pierre, my concerne was to know if was done
on purpose, because a trick I was not aware about
(as gcc not stable :-})

I have not been able to work much on LFS lately due to other non-LFS tasks, but I do have a recent vanilla build. Looking in several places I only found one reference to include-fixed (it's a hyphen, not an underscore) in text and two in binary files:

/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.1.0/install-tools/mkheaders
/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.1.0/cc1plus
/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/8.1.0/cc1

If I had time, what I would do first is save all the headers in /usr/include and /usr/libexec. Then after reinstalling gcc look for include-fixed again and compare the original and the 'fixed' headers to see what gcc thinks changed.

BTW, I have had students run into this before and was able to hack their system s/include-fixed/include/. That seemed to work but the testing and additional packages were minimal.

Perhaps when I get some time, I'll try installing gcc with only fortran,go,objc,obj-c++ to see if that raises the problem. After all there is really no need to reinstall the same version of c and c++ after the base LFS install.

  -- Bruce

  -- Bruce