Am Freitag, den 29.12.2017, 10:05 -0600 schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 01:10:06PM +0000, Nate Costello wrote:
> > > I'm getting an incorrect hash for the lfs-bootscripts file.  This is using
> > > the development branch.   Can anyone attempt to repeat my finding or
> > > provide guidance?  I apologize in advance if it is bad form to email this
> > > list about the development version.
> > >

> > First, it's perfectly fine to ask about problems building the dev
> > book on this list.  But, based on what I note below I'll Cc: the
> > -dev list because I didn't expect this.
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nate
> > >
> > > File path:
> > >
> > > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/development/lfs-bootscripts-20170626.tar.bz2
> > >
> > > Supposed Correct Hash:
> > >
> > > 4d886e7f5c3b092991cd0c56f3d8aa31
> > >
> > > Listed at:
> > >
> > > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter03/packages.html
> >
> > I wonder if we have somehow switched to regenerating these ?  My
> > local copy (downloaded on 19th July) has
> >
> > c8c20c854d7590662ae04f21949566ea
> >
> > The 8.1 book, which uses these, says
> >
> > d4992527d67f28e2d0c12e3495422eab
>
> And that matches what is in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/8.1/lfs-bootscripts-20170626.tar.bz2
>
> The script that rebuilds the book daily also repackages the boot scripts
> and the timestamps will change each time, even though the content does not.
>
> On my local system, the tarballs are not rebuilt without a change to the
> file name because I do not do a fresh checkout of the sources into an
> empty directory like the daily scripts do.
>
> I could update the md5sum in the on-line book daily, but I think that
> would also cause problems.
>
> I suppose I could come up with a way to put in a note that would only
> generate in the development versions of the book(s), but right now I think
> it is more effort than it is worth.  The daily build script has been
> unchanged for 18 months and this it the first anyone noticed.
>

> All this applies to the lfs systemd development version and blfs tarballs
> also.

Today I came across that issue too because i want to build a 8.3
system (for some reference purposes) and failed because of that chksum
mismatches.

Currently there are again 3 chksums for lfs-bootscripts-
20180820.tar.bz2 - one in 8.3, one in devel and one at the file i
previously downloaded in August - all different ...

Isn't there really no way to (re)package the bootscripts a) when
changes has been made AND b) with a new version number?

--
Thomas