On 2020-08-19 13:55 +0100, Roger via lfs-dev wrote:
> The "make install" of python in chapter 7 doesn't complete; my
> scripts finished rather abruptly at this point. Has this been
> noticed by anybody else?
>
> The problem is zlib is missing. I decided to change chapter 7
> to include zlib. I now do:
>
>  7.7 libstdc++
>      zlib
>  7.8 gettext

It shouldn't happen.  Python building system will skip to build zlib module if
zlib is not found.  Quote from Bruce's log:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/10.0-rc1/AMD3900X/logs/709-Python-3.8.5

> Python build finished successfully!
> The necessary bits to build these optional modules were not found:
> _bz2                  _dbm                  _gdbm
> _hashlib              _sqlite3              _ssl
> _tkinter              _uuid                 nis
> readline              zlib
> To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
> module's name.

Chapter 7 is temporary so we don't care about those extra modules.
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>